I made two cards for two different challenges; the first is for Simon Says Stamp ‘Whatever the Weather’ challenge.
I stamped the little umbrellas and raindrops using the Lawn Fawn ‘Plus One’ stamp set. I coloured the umbrellas using Promarkers and a Gelly Roll Stardust pen. I used a Wink of Stella pen to lightly colour the raindrops (I didn’t want them completely coloured in so the Wink of Stella reacted with the ink just enough to lightly colour them).
I stuck the background onto a white card base. I put a strip of red card to match the umbrellas and then die-cut the sentiment from blue card and glued this on top.
The second card was made for this week’s MFT Sketch Challenge which was this:-
I die-cut the quilted background and then used Distress Oxide inks to colour it in some nice pastel shades. I die cut three butterflies out of some fancy paper I had (no idea where I got this from…) and folded along the score lines. I used some Lawn Fawn paper for the bodies.
I used the pink Oxide ink on a strip of card and stamped the sentiment on top. After sticking the butterflies on I put a few dots of Nuvo Jewel drops to finish the card.
Materials used for first card:-
- Lawn Fawn Plus One stamp set
- Lawn Fawn inks in Blue Jay
- Promarkers in Lipstick Red, Berry Red and Black
- Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust pen in Silver
- Lawn Fawn Feel Better Line Border die
Materials used for second card:-
- Distress Oxide inks in Carved Pumpkin, Picked Raspberry and Squeezed Lemonade
- Lawn Fawn Mini Pop-Up Butterflies die set
- Lawn Fawn Spring Fling Florals paper pack
- MFT Birdie Brown Greetings Galore stamp set
- Avery Elle Simple Sentiments stamp set
- Nuvo Jewel Drops in Limoncello, Orange Marmalade, Rosewater
One thought on “Card Challenge”
Great cards! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person